Key In Ignition Beeper (FIXED !!)

Simon
Site Admin

Key In Ignition Beeper (FIXED !!)

Post by Simon »

Can anybody tell me how the hell you can turn the KEY in the ignition Beeper OFF .... :? :? :x

It's enough to drive one totally mad and was reading a thread on newhilux.net where they can unplug
the dam thing but stuffed if I know how to get the plastic from around the steering column off on the
D-max.

Any info on how to remove it would be most welcome ... ;)
azzad

Re: Key In Ignition Beeper

Post by azzad »

Drives me crazy as well, but I have noticed that under some circumstances the ute locks itself, which can be a pain if you have left the keys in the ignition?

Dazza
mydmax

Post by mydmax »

Although you can lock all doors manually and get out and close the last door, IT should NEVER lock the doors if the key is still in ignition.
Has that happened to you?

It will always lock itself if you have the keys and although it is unlocked it notices you have somehow pressed "unlock" and so will go into timeout mode and THEN it will lock the doors although you haven't touched the car.
azzad

Post by azzad »

I cant remember now, I just know it locked the keys in the car and I had to find the spare set, it is possible they were on the seat and not in the ignition because I had the door open doing something and couldnt stand the stupid beeping :D ; then closed the door not realizing where the keys are.

Mine is going for the 3000km tyre kick tomorrow so I might ask while I am there.

Dazza
Simon
Site Admin

Post by Simon »

azzad wrote:I cant remember now, I just know it locked the keys in the car and I had to find the spare set, it is possible they were on the seat and not in the ignition because I had the door open doing something and couldnt stand the stupid beeping :D ; then closed the door not realizing where the keys are.

Mine is going for the 3000km tyre kick tomorrow so I might ask while I am there.

Dazza
Let us know what the go is cause it's the only thing that I really loathe about the Dmax it's just a no good for nothing
pain in the bum .... :roll:
Simon
Site Admin

Re: Key In Ignition Beeper (FIXED !!)

Post by Simon »

Well I decided enough was enough today so took another look in under the steering coulomb and found where the release
for the height adjustment is up inside the coulomb is a little plug with 4 wires going into it and 2 coming out of it .

If you release the adjuster you can then pull the plug off the ignition switch where it's mounted to and then just unplug it .... ;)

NO MORE BL#%DY beeping but it still beeps when you leave your lights on or your seatbelt off plus it stops the door lock
activating when you take the keys out of the ignition .... 8-)

Will try to get some pics if anybody needs them but should be easy enough when you have a look .. ;)
azzad

Post by azzad »

Excellent work, the dealership said they couldn't disconnect the beeper, something about it being a safety feature, they did say that quite a few ppl had complained about it.

Pictures would be great.

Dazza
mydmax

Post by mydmax »

azzad
Probably dealer won't disconnect things like that as the have to cover their backsides, so won't even try if they do know. You don't see dealers with cast iron undies for protection so No it will be.
Ausibits

Post by Ausibits »

Thanks Simon it works.
I found it easy to do, 1 minute and silence.
Thanks
Simon
Site Admin

Post by Simon »

Ausibits wrote:Thanks Simon it works.
I found it easy to do, 1 minute and silence.
Thanks

No probs mate I still get a buzz every time I put the keys in the ignition and there's silence ... 8-) :D